Our 2020 Facebook Photo Competition finalists have been selected! It was a very tough decision for our judges to choose the finalists from the 665 photographs submitted by guests between 1 May 2019 and 30 April 2020.
We have been amazed at the talent of our Kariega safari guests who uploaded their favourite wildlife photographs to our Facebook page over the past twelve months. An entire year of magical wildlife photos through the lenses of our guests leaves one feeling awed at the incredible beauty of a Kariega safari.
Thank you to everyone for submitting your photos. We remain delighted by our annual Facebook Photo Competition.
2020 Facebook Photo Competition Statistics
Here are some statistics from the 2020 Facebook photo competition.
- We received 665 entries during the twelve months.
- We have been delighted by guests photos in this competition for the past nine years.
- The first competition entries were in June 2011.
- The three most popular subjects were elephants (162 entries), lion (146 entries) and giraffe (97 entries).
- We received the most entries in November 2019 (131 entries) followed by April 2020 (80 entries).
2020 Facebook Photo Competition Categories
The Kariega Game Reserve 2020 Facebook Photo Competition includes the following two categories and one winner will be selected for each:
- Best Wildlife Photo: The winner of this category is selected by the Kariega team, including talented wildlife photographer Brendon Jennings.
- Audience Favourite Wildlife Photo. The winner of this category is selected by our Facebook community. We post the finalist's photographs in an album on the Kariega Facebook page and the photograph that receives the most likes from our awesome Facebook community will win the prize.
The winner of each of the categories receives a complimentary two night stay for two people at Ukhozi Lodge on a fully inclusive basis.
2020 Facebook Photo Competition Finalists
The 2020 wildlife photo competition finalists were taken by the following guests (in order starting from the serval image above): Graham Harvey, Peter Reitze (zebra and snake), Santiago Donovan, Jörg Methner, Jenna Marcante, Beverley Catterall and Martine Theisen. Congratulations!
While the judges set about selecting the 2020 winner you can have a look at the winning photographs from our previous competitions.
- 2019 Facebook Photo Competition Winners & Audience Favourite Winner
- 2018 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner & Audience Favourite Winner
- 2017 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner & Audience Favourite Winner
- 2016 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner
- 2016 Wildlife Photo Competition Audience Favourite
- 2015 Wildlife Photo Competition Audience Favourite
- 2015 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner
- 2014 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner
- 2013 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner
Enter 2021 Facebook Photo Competition & 2020 Instagram Photo Competition
If you didn't make the list of finalists in the 2020 Facebook competition and have some time on your hands, why not look through your Kariega safari photographs and enter your favourites into our 2021 Facebook Photo Competition? Your photographs can be from any visit to Kariega and do not have to be taken in the year of the competition. Simply share your favourite wildlife photos from your Kariega safari on our Kariega Facebook page. Your photo will be entered into the competition. The closing date is 30 April 2021.
If you prefer Instagram you still have time to enter our 2020 Kariega Instagram Photo Competition. To enter post your favourite wildlife photos from your Kariega safari (taken whenever you visited) on your Instagram account and include the hashtag #KariegaPhoto in the caption. You will also need to make sure that you follow us on Instagram. We select one weekly winner and the overall winner is chosen by a panel of judges once the competition closes on 30 June 2020.
The winner of both competitions will receive a complimentary two night stay for two people at Ukhozi Lodge on a fully inclusive basis.