River Lodge is one-of-a-kind. 10 spacious, air conditioned and tastefully appointed suites offer the most discerning of guests luxurious peace and tranquility. Inside the lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, relax at the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the Bushmans River. Unique features include excellent river fishing and canoeing.
Nestled on the banks of the Bushmans River, this thatched lodge is unique in that it connects a Big 5 game reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry our guests through the quaint village of Kenton-on-Sea to its picturesque and user friendly beaches.
Safari Lodge Suites
10 spacious, luxuriously appointed, en-suite suites. All air conditioned with an overhead fan. Guests can relax, view game and enjoy the stunning vistas from their private patio.
- Safari drive twice daily
- River cruises and guided bush walks
- Fishing and canoeing
- Beach trips by boat
- All meals and selected beverages
- Complimentary mini-bar
- Luxury suite with king-size bed (twin or double)
- Private viewing patio
- En-suite bathroom
- Inside shower and ornate bath
- Double vanity basin
- Hair dryer
- Air-conditioning and overhead fan
- Internet connectivity (in lodge, not in suites)
- Tea and coffee facilities
Availabilty & Rates
|Low Season||01 May 2022 - 31 August 2022||R6,000|
|High Season||01 September 2022 - 17 December 2022||R7,500|
|Peak Season||18 December 2022 - 10 January 2023||R8,200|
|High Season||11 January 2023 - 30 April 2023||R8,400|
|Low Season||01 May 2023 - 31 August 2023||R6,800|
|High Season||01 September 2023 - 19 December 2023||R8,400|
|Peak Season||20 December 2023 - 10 January 2024||R9,100|
|High Season||11 January 2024 - 30 April 2024||R8,900|
- Per person per night sharing (+50% single supplement)
- Fully inclusive (all meals, selected beverages, morning and evening game drives and other game activities)
- Excludes Kariega Foundation conservation & community levy of R150 per guest per night (from 11 Jan 2023 this will be R170 per adult per night, R85 per child per night for children aged 10 to 12 years).
- No children under 10 years.
Children and third person rates:
- Upon request a third person can be accommodated in a suite (extra bed)
- 10 to 16 years (as third person sharing) – 50% of above per person sharing rate
- 17 years and over (as third person sharing) – above per person sharing rate
- Children (10 years and over) in own suite – pay full adult rate.
Just returned from 4 night stay at River Lodge and our first visit to South Africa. River Lodge is fairly small max 20 people so intimate and friendly, setting next to the river is lovely with decking to sit out on and lovely log fires in the lounge at night. Had rhino suite, nothing like waking up to look out over the bush and see giraffe on your doorstep.
- +27 (0)46 636 7904