Kariega Game Reserve offers photography enthusiasts the option to add private, tailor-made photo safaris to their stay. Each experience is customised according to guests’ requirements.
Experienced guide photographer and private specifically rigged vehicle
Specialised photo safaris are led by an experienced guide photographer in a private dedicated vehicle rigged specifically for photographic equipment.
The photographic guide is also a qualified ranger and interacts with guests before, during, between and after game drives to ensure amazing photo opportunities and that all questions are answered.
Hands-on advice including composition, technical assistance and post-production is also included.
Malaria-free Eastern Cape photographic safaris
A photo safari at Kariega provides many opportunities to capture unique photographs of Big 5 and rarer species of wildlife in a malaria-free coastal temperate climate. The varied landscape that spans across five different eco-systems (valley bushveld, savannah grasslands, fynbos, riverine forest and acacia woodland) also offers dramatic and varied backgrounds for your subjects.
Photographic safari package details
Photo safaris are an additional experience for Kariega safari guests. The cost is R3,000 per person per day with accommodation at any of the Kariega lodges.
- Photographic safari guests must stay at one of Kariega’s lodges for a minimum of three nights (at normal accommodation rates).
- The rate of R3,000 per person per day excludes normal Kariega fully inclusive accommodation.
- The package is subject to a minimum of two people and must be booked for two days or more.
- A maximum of six guests can be accommodated.
- No photographic equipment is provided by Kariega.
- Pre-booking is essential as photographic safaris are subject to availability.