The Kariega Game Reserve 2019 Wildlife Photo Competition ran from 1 May 2018 until 30 April 2019. Kariega safari guests were invited to enter by uploading their favourite wildlife photographs to our Facebook page. As always we have been amazed at the talent of our guests and the quality of their wildlife images.
Our judges have had a challenging task to select the finalists from the 423 photographs that were submitted during the twelve months of the competition.
An entire year of magical wildlife photos through the lenses of our guests leaves one feeling overwhelmed at the awesome beauty of a Kariega safari. Thank you to everyone for submitting your photos, either by posting them on our Kariega Facebook page or emailing them to us. It is greatly appreciated.
2019 Wildlife Photo Competition Statistics
Here are some fun statistics from the 2019 wildlife photo competition.
- We received 423 entries during the twelve months.
- We have been delighted by guests photos in this competition for the past eight years.
- The first competition entries were in June 2011.
- The two most popular subjects were lion (102 entries) and elephants (78 entries).
- We received the most entries in February 2019 (89 entries) followed by December 2018 (85 entries).
2019 Wildlife Photo Competition Categories
The Kariega Game Reserve 2019 Wildlife Photo Competition includes the following two categories and one winner will be selected for each:
- Best Wildlife Photo: The winner of this category is selected by the Kariega team, including talented wildlife photographers Daniel and Jone Haesslich.
- Audience Favourite Wildlife Photo. The winner of this category is selected by all of you! We post the finalist's photographs in an album on the Kariega Facebook page and the photograph that receives the most likes from our awesome Facebook community will win the prize.
The winner of each of the categories receives a complimentary two night stay for two people at Ukhozi Lodge on a fully inclusive basis.
2019 Wildlife Photo Competition Finalists
The 2019 wildlife photo competition finalist were taken by the following guests (in order starting from elephant image above): Peter Morris, Martina Nannt, Sara Louise Herrington, Phillip Yale, Alice Harden and Ivo Mijland. Congratulations!
While the judges set about selecting the 2019 winner you can have a look at the winning photographs from our previous competitions.
- 2018 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner & Audience Favourite Winner
- 2017 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner & Audience Favourite Winner
- 2016 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner
- 2016 Wildlife Photo Competition Audience Favourite
- 2015 Wildlife Photo Competition Audience Favourite
- 2015 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner
- 2014 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner
- 2013 Wildlife Photo Competition Winner