WedgeView Country House & Spa
Just outside the charming historical town of Stellenbosch and set amid mountains, vineyards, and magnificent manicured gardens, WedgeView Country House and Spa offers the exclusivity of a private country residence as well as 5 star luxury and service. A wide range of generous facilities are combined with idyllic vistas and opulent accommodation for the ideal retreat to the Cape Winelands.
As a family owned and operated establishment, WedgeView offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere to compliment your stay in the Cape. Every effort has been made to enhance and incorporate the stunning natural elements of the surrounding area, for a truly authentic experience of South Africa’s great winelands. Children of all ages are welcome.
- Solar-heated lagoon pool in the courtyard, shaded from the wind
- 15m solar-heated pool with poolside raised deck Lapa Function Venue (ideal for weddings, conferences, year-end functions and other celebrations) where guests can enjoy spectacular views of the mountains over lunch, sundowners or dinner/evening braai.
- Indoor and outdoor dining - al fresco or covered, with the possibility to close with awnings and fitted with infra-red heaters
- Two luxurious and spacious lounges, well-appointed with cosy fireplaces and overlooking mountains and vineyards, the thatched upstairs leads out onto a balcony – perfect for a drink before dinner
- Upstairs conference venue and bar area
- Wine & coffee bar leading out onto the covered patio
- WedgeView Spa – an exclusive and tranquil health spa offering great signature packages and specials; set in a peaceful corner of the garden and perfect for a day of regeneration and relaxation.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access throughout the entire premises
- Security & secure parking
- Seasonal lunch menus are available daily between 12:00 and 15:00, incorporating the best and freshest local produce
- Dinners are available on request and should be booked 48 hours in advance. Compliment your three-course (or more) meal with something from the select wine menu - a range of the best South African wines.
- Laundry Service
- Child care on request
- Vineyard walks and mountain biking trails in the area
- Booking and arranging of golfing, wine tours, taxi transfers, restaurants and many other activities
- Deluxe Room – can be combined with the Honeymoon suite for a luxury family suite.
- Garden Deluxe Rooms – 4 deluxe rooms each offering patios overlooking the garden and vineyards beyond.
- Superior Rooms – 5 superior first floor rooms each with magnificent views accessed by private balconies. 2 rooms are interlinked, making them perfect for friends or families.
- Executive Suite – perfect for honeymoons, this luxury thatched suite includes an extra length king sized bed, private lounge, and a generous bathroom with double walk-in rain dance shower.
- Garden Family Suite – equipped with a spacious lounge and 2 luxurious bedrooms and offering a private patio with an exquisite view.
- Honeymoon Suite – this stunning suite is equipped with a private study, spacious lounge and leads out onto the solar heated lagoon pool.
- Luxury Family Suite – equipped with a very spacious lounge, extra dressing room / study and two en-suite bathrooms with a view over the solar heated lagoon pool
- Continental Buffet and à la carte breakfast
- Luxury room or suite, each offering unique views of surrounding gardens, vineyards and mountains
- Generous en-suite bathroom with separate bath and shower
- King-sized bed (can be twinned)
- 100% Percale linen with optional anti-allergy pillows and duvet
- Air-conditioning (heating and cooling)
- Under-floor heating
- Flat screen TV with satellite selection
- Free Wi-Fi internet access
- Bathrobes & hairdryer
- TheraVine Body products
- Safe & telephone
- International plug adaptors
- Well-stocked mini-bar (mini-bar drinks charged separately)
In addition, suites include...
- Nespresso Coffee machine
- DVD player
- Extra-length king-sized bed