Walk with Us | Help Save the Rhino Species
The Kariega Foundation invites you to join our campaign to raise R210,000 for our Anti-Poaching Unit. Conservation is a team sport. We can't do it on our own.
It takes a village of dedicated, selfless and courageous people to save a species.
The calling to save the rhino can feel lonely and draining. But there is strength in numbers.
As our village grows in numbers so the weight of the burden lightens and hope for the future of the rhinoceros strengthens.
Join our village. Walk with us in our dedication to save the rhino species.
Little Bits Makes a LOT
We have learned that conservation is a team sport. We can’t do it on our own. When we work together, alchemy happens – there is magic. With many individual donations we can achieve our fundraising goals. Little bits make a LOT.
Until guests are able to return, the Kariega Foundation’s core objective is to ensure that we have the funds to keep our APU fully operational so that the rhino at Kariega remain protected.
The daily operating cost of the Kariega Anti-Poaching Unit is R5,000 (US$340, €280 or £250). Our short-term focus is to raise R210,000 to cover these costs for as long as possible.
No donation is too small. Please email us on email@example.com if you would like to know more.
How to Donate
The Kariega Foundation is a non-profit trust and can accept donations from around the world. Donating is as simple as clicking the donate link, but the hope you give is immeasurable.
Create a linked fundraiser: Set up your fundraising page by visiting www.givengain.com/c/kariegafoundation. Your donation will automatically be transferred to the Kariega Foundation.
Make a direct deposit: Use our bank details below.
|KARIEGA FOUNDATION TRUST BANK DETAILS|
|First National Bank (or FirstRand Bank)
Account No: 62275606526
Branch: Newton Park
Branch code: 261050
Swift/IBAN: FIRNZAJJ or FIRNZAJJXXX
|Bank Head Office Address:
FNB Bank City,
If you’re a South African taxpayer or the organisation on whose behalf the donation is being made is a South African taxpayer, please email Cindy on firstname.lastname@example.org to request your 18A tax exemption certificate.
The Eastern Cape is a Rhino Stronghold
South Africa is the custodian to more than three-quarters of the world’s rhinos. Over the past decade, 8,349 rhinos have been killed in South Africa alone for their horns.
In 2021, shocking rhino population statistics revealed that the world’s largest population of rhinos — found in South Africa's Kruger National Park — has diminished by nearly 70% over the past decade, mainly due to relentless and barbaric poaching.
The species urgently needs rhino protection and conservation efforts to trump poaching so that rhino populations can grow and thrive unthreatened once more.
Kariega Game Reserve and a collection of wilderness areas in the Eastern Cape region, known as INDALO, have risen to this challenge.
Together we have become pioneers in rhino conservation through the power of collaboration and igniting community consciousness.
We have developed a shared model of advanced anti-poaching practises and are creating a much-needed and essential stronghold for rhino in Africa. Join our village. Walk with us in our dedication to save the rhino species.
Join the Cause
Support us by donating via GivenGain.
How Can You Help?
You can help in many ways:
- Make a once-off donation .
- Commit to give a small amount every month .
- Ask for donations instead of a gift .
- Crowdfund (create a fundraiser) using our online platform.
- Motivate a group to donate together – a book club, sports team, craft group, running club, family, friends or any collective.
- Fundraise at work – great for team building and fostering the spirit of giving in your company. Ask your company to match whatever you and your colleagues raise.
- Fundraise at school – help youth experience how good it feels to help others and make a valuable contribution to their future.
- Use your talents to raise money and donate the proceeds – bake, make jewellery, organise an event, arrange an auction, make clothing
- Leave a bequest through your will.
- Arrange a sweepstake for any sport and donate the proceeds.
- Collect your small change and donate it.
- Get sponsored to give up a bad habit or simply donate the money you have save by giving it up.
Everything in nature exists in perfect harmony and balance.
Kariega Game Reserve and the Kariega Foundation aspire to emulate a similar and mutually beneficial balance and harmony between commercial success and stability; community collaboration and activation; and sustainable wildlife management and conservation.
Follow the link below to discover more about the Kariega Foundation and how you can help.