Temporary Closure Due to COVID-19

27May
(0 comments)
Kariega Sunrise Lion Brendon

Kariega Game Reserve will remain temporarily closed until at least 31 August 2020. We will keep advising as the situation unfolds as we can only re-open when international travel bans are lifted and normal flights resume.

We continue to extend our thoughts and utmost support to everyone around the world. Please stay healthy and safe.

During closure we are retaining a skeleton staff compliment to ensure maintenance of all the lodges and the reserve. We are implementing support and feeding programs for all our staff. Our reservation and admin teams will remain open for any assistance regarding cancellations, postponements and bookings.

During this time of crisis and uncertainty, Kariega understands the importance of collaboration. We are committed to keeping keeping our guests updated and to working with you to ensure we are as flexible as we can be.

We wish to thank you all for your understanding and we extend our warm wishes as this unprecedented COVID-19 situation evolves. Stay safe, take care and we look forward to re-opening Kariega when South Africa's borders are re-opened to international travel and normal flights resume.

Amended Cancellation, Postponement and Booking Policies for Direct Bookings

Due to the continuing extraordinary circumstances and measures arising from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the forced closure of Kariega Game Reserve, we are applying the following booking, cancellation and postponement policies.

Existing Bookings

Existing bookings unable to travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic are entitled and encouraged to postpone to any later date at the same rate.

If postponement is impossible, we will refund existing deposits once the international travel bans are lifted and we re-open the reserve. These unprecedented times and continuing forced closure of the reserve have necessitated these measures.

No Deposits Required for New Bookings

We will not require payment of the normal 50% deposit for new bookings until international travel bans are lifted and we re-open the reserve.

No Cancellation Fees for COVID-19 Reasons

Notwithstanding our normal cancellation terms below, NO CANCELLATION FEES will be charged if any guest is unable to travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Cancellation Terms

  • 25% if booking cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival.
  • 50% if booking cancelled less than 14 days prior to arrival.
  • 100% if booking cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival.

We trust the above will assist our guests and we thank you for your continued support. 

Image thanks to Kariega guide and talented photographer Brendon Jennings.