2016 Special Discount: 20% off below rates for guests arriving between 1 May and 31 August 2016.
Located in a remote and untouched part of the Kariega wilderness, Settlers Drift offers a unique tented safari combined with 5-star luxury. The lodge consists of 9 spacious tented suites, each with stunning views and secluded viewing decks. Gazing down from the decks overlooking the Bushman’s River, it feels as if time has stood still since the last feet to have touched this remote valley were those of the 1820 Settlers as they guided their wagons across the river. The luxuriously appointed and perfectly positioned tented lodge delivers the ultimate guest experience.
Safari Lodge Facilities
Restaurant, bar, wine cellar, spacious decks, pool, boma, curio shop, library and spa treatments.
Tented Safari Suites
9 spacious tented suites (110m²) – each with an opulent bedroom and living area, full bathroom, indoor/outdoor shower, mini-bar and private viewing deck.
- Safari drive twice daily
- River cruises and guided bush walks
- Fishing and canoeing
- All meals and selected beverages
- Complimentary mini-bar
- Luxury tented suite with king-size bed (twin or double)
- Complete privacy
- Wood burning stove
- Private viewing deck
- En-suite bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Indoor/outdoor shower and contemporary free-standing bath
- Double vanity basin
- Air-conditioning and overhead fan
- Internet connectivity (in lodge, not in suites)
- Tea and coffee facilities
Availabilty & Rates
|Low Season||01 May 2016 - 30 September 2016||R5,500|
|High Season||01 October 2016 - 31 December 2016||R6,950|
|High Season||01 January 2017 - 31 January 2017||R8,900|
|Peak Season||01 February 2017 - 28 February 2017||R9,900|
|High Season||01 March 2017 - 30 April 2017||R8,900|
|Low Season||01 May 2017 - 30 September 2017||R6,700|
|High Season||01 October 2017 - 17 December 2017||R8,900|
|Peak Season||18 December 2017 - 31 December 2017||R9,900|
- Per person per night sharing (+50% single supplement)
- Fully inclusive (all meals, selected beverages, morning and evening game drives and other game activities)
- No children 10 years and under (11 years & older pay adult rate)
Our three day stay here was amazing and beautiful. The staff, especially our ranger Archie, were so professional yet friendly. Archie put himself out to make sure we had to best game drives. The rooms are luxurious with everything you need. The evening meals were entertaining as the chef created a different menu each evening and presented this to you like a wonderful story. Definitely on our list to return.
- +27 (0)46 636 7904